24 Mar The Immune System’s Incomparable, Innate Power to Regenerate the Body
Body RX Anti Aging: WE FORTIFY YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM & STRENGTHEN AND REBUILD YOUR HEALTH
Provided one has the correct level of vitamin, mineral and nutritional input, the body can overcome disease.
-Nobel scientist Linus Pauling
Today’s medical landscape is crowded with massive technologies and pharmaceutical interventions for use in countering disease and repairing the human body. Remarkably, the one mechanism continuously underestimated in diagnosis and healing is within the body. The immune system, which is capable of replenishing any and all of the unfathomable octillion atoms comprising a healthy body, is composed of self-restoring organisms at every level of biological organization, from DNA upward. What’s more, this miraculous mechanism is perpetually poised to become active whenever the need arises.
Consider these examples: our cells, which are made of molecules, which are, in turn, made of atoms, are replenished every thirty days; the blood supply is replenished every 120 days; the cells in the stomach in less than one day; and the atoms in the oxygen supply are replenished with each breath. To invoke this awesome and penetrating power, we need simply to allow for an unimpeded circulation of blood, oxygen, nutrients and thoughts. A healthy appetite and the ability to absorb nutrients well through the small intestine is good, but insufficient for proper health. The blood circulation and the nervous system must also function well to transport those nutrients to the muscles and organs, and to eliminate the metabolic waste. Without complete circulation, toxins accrue, causing stagnation and, ultimately, disintegration of the systems that provide physical and mental health.
Studies have corroborated estimates by Franz J. Ingelfinger, M.D., former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, which show that 75 percent of all illnesses brought to physicians are self-limiting. In only about half of the cases of the remaining 25 percent has medicine shown to be dramatically helpful. The meaning of this finding is that by harnessing the power of the immune system with fundamental health, the body can repair and regenerate itself. In other words, while we may have conscious and subconscious reasons for suffering, we have no biological excuses for subjecting ourselves to dis-integration and dis-ease. It also means that we need to engage with our symptoms, i.e. observe their meaning, rather than obliterating them. This is because symptoms indicate the breaking down of a system’s ability to adjust to disturbance or imbalance. If we look no further than the elimination of a symptom, we are ignoring its message. In other words, what we think we want to eradicate may be exactly what we need to focus on.
As the body’s natural defense system in helping to fight infections, the immune system comprises antibodies, white blood cells, and other chemicals and proteins that attack and destroy substances such as bacteria and viruses that they recognize as foreign and different from the body’s normal healthy tissues. The immune system also includes:
The tonsils and thymus, which make antibodies.
The lymphatic system, a network of lymph nodes and vessels throughout the body carrying lymph fluid, nutrients, and waste material between the body tissues and the bloodstream. The lymph nodes filter lymph fluid as it flows through them, trapping bacteria, viruses, and other foreign substances, which are then destroyed by special white blood cells called lymphocytes.
Bone marrow, which is soft tissue found mainly inside the long bones of the arms and legs, the vertebrae, and the pelvic bones of the body. It is made up of red marrow, which produces red and white blood cells and platelets, and yellow marrow, which contains fat and connective tissue and produces some white blood cells.
– White blood cells, which are made in the bone marrow and protect the body against infection. If an infection develops, white blood cells attack and destroy the bacteria, virus, or other organism causing it.
The spleen, which filters the blood by removing old or damaged blood cells and platelets and helps the immune system by destroying bacteria and other foreign substances.
Engaging the immune system is the most effective, non-invasive way of transposing the body’s means of communication into means of repair. There are numerous approaches to engaging this power, including nutritional and hormonal supplementation, chiropractic treatment, massage therapy, Chinese medicine, energy healing, divination and remedial ritual, and the use of medicinal plants. BodyRx offers a menu of immune system-strengthening programs designed specifically to repair and rebuild the body. Our emphasis is on nutritional and hormonal supplementation, massage therapies, and weight loss programs. All are supervised by board certified physicians and other medical professionals.